Just think if God shirked His daily chores for just one second? We'd perish!
This morning while I was doing chores I thought of a few aspects of chores we ought to remember (and these work for us spiritually too):
1. Before you open a gate make sure you can close it securely.
2. Always shut every gate you open.
3. If there is a hole in your fencing/boundaries it will be found by the very creatures/things you are trying to keep in/out.
4. Be prepared with the right gear. The chores will take a lot longer than you anticipated so you might be in that cold a whole lot longer than those flimsy 50 cent gloves can handle. And I have a picture to illustrate. Below is a picture of my left hand. I took this a few minutes after I came in from chores. See how cold my fingers look? And swollen? And do you notice the little cut below my index finger? All of these things could have been prevented if I had worn real gloves! The cut was from barbed wire. The cold fingers are from wearing thin gloves.
"researchers found that the more optimistic individuals were, the higher their blood levels of carotenoid, the protective antioxidant found in brightly colored and dark leafy vegetables."
That is a good thing! When Jesus said "I have food to eat that you do not know about" to His disciples in John 4 He wasn't kidding!
6. There is a saving aspect to our daily chores. What do I mean? When you don't know what to do in life, when you feel depressed and don't know where to turn; or when you are in any way a negative place emotionally, do some chores. God can use them to center you. Seriously. It really and truly works.
7. Don't neglect the daily stuff (apply this to your life in all ways). The daily stuff is what life is made up of.