If you're struggling, make a list.
If you're bummed out, make a list.
If you're anxious, make a list.
What should we list?
Things we know are true and right and where we know that we know that we know God is working on our behalf. And when you make your list of what you know that you know that you know is true, use scripture for an added punch. If God said it then He'll do it.
(Or you could list all the things going right in your life.)
Here's my list of truths:
1. God is providing, has always provided and won't stop providing.
"And my God shall supply all your (and my) needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
2. God has good good GOOD plans for me and my family (and for you too).
"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11
3. God remembers and takes notice.
"And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him." Hebrews 11:6
4. Holding onto faith, believing no matter what is the right way.
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;" Hebrews 10:23
5. We can be confident.
"Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, who has a great reward." Hebrews 10:35
6. If I'm not at peace I need to seek God even more.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
7. Focus on God and all He can do, not on the circumstances.
"'with God all things are possible.'" Matthew 19:26b
8. I am really, really, REALLY loved and cherished by God (so are you).
"The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17
9. God doesn't give up on me (or you) no matter how badly I fail or doubt or fall short.
"For I am confident of this very thin, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
10. Jesus holds all things together so clinging to Him, looking at Him is the best thing to do.
"And He is before all thins, and in Him all thins hold together." Colossians 1:17