And while new routines are established conflict arises. It should be expected -- it is probably the same for most families as they jump into summer vacation.
And it's okay. Conflict when dealt with (whether well or not so well) can strengthen family members' bonds with each other. Seriously!
1. Don't let the conflict define relationships. It's a tiny part of it (though while the conflict goes on it feels like it is all there is). It isn't the relationship.
2. Laugh together. Laughing together is healing.
3. Eat together.
4. Have a long sit outside in the sunshine (or shade) together.
5. Have time apart daily. Give everyone space to breathe and be a bit independent.
6. Reaffirm your love for each other by forgiving quickly and completely.
Each family member is important. We need each other. And if nothing else make it a point to read Proverbs together this summer. It is full of good advice on dealing with each other and conflict.