I've been a Believer since March 6, 1988 and have grown to understand how important the Word of God is to our spiritual growth. It is also the only offensive spiritual weapon God has given us -- the Word will transform our minds (check out Romans 12:2 for that) in incredible ways. It will make our minds more creative, stronger, freer, more confident and more developed.
That being said, for some weird reason I am going to share the worksheet the kids and I will do today. And feel free to use it yourself if you want to. It isn't all we are doing. We are also going to make a paper "red carpet" made of drawings of coats and palm branches and then we'll shout "Hosanna in the highest." I hope you can see we are acting out Palm Sunday!
Here is the worksheet (I'll put the answers they need to fill in in a different color):
April 2, 2014
ON THE WAY TO JERUSALEM
“they set out for Jerusalem. (Jesus said to the 12), 'Listen to me carefully. We're on our way up to Jerusalem. When we get there, the Son of Man will be betrayed to the religious leaders and sholars. They will sentence him to death. Then they will hand him over to the Romans, who will mock and spit on him, give him the third degree, and kill him. After three days he will rise alive.'” Mark 10:32-34
1. Jesus knows what is going to happen, and He is not (RUNNING AWAY).
2. Matthew 21:1-5. Jesus enters Jerusalem riding on a DONKEY.
3. The disciples laid their COATS on the donkey for JESUS to sit on.
4. The people threw their COATS and palm BRANCHES on the ground to
welcome Jesus – like we do with a red carpet for celebrities. They were happy to see Him!
5. They shouted “HOSANNA! BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!
HOSANNA IN THE HIGHEST!”
FIG TREE STORY
6. Draw 2 fig trees – a healthy one and a shriveled one:
KICKING TABLES DOWN STORY
7. Immediately on entering the TEMPLE Jesus KICKED
over the TABLES of the moneychangers and the dove sellers.
“My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations. You have made it a robbers' den.”
9. How did they make it into a robbers' den?
PARENT SIGNATURE: __________________________________________________________
(#s 8 and 9 are discussion questions.)